June 12, 2012

The city that never sleeps

My brother is currently in New York, or wait, he's in Boston at the moment but anyways, just read an email of what he has visited the last couple of days, and it makes me a bit jealous.. Wanna be in New York as well! Love that city! I had a look at my photos from my first trip to NYC:




My first night in New York was incredible. I was staying with a couchsurfer who lived in this super nice one bedroom apartment right across the Plaza hotel, with a balcony overlooking Central Park!
Because of the jetlag, I woke up at 5 AM. What better to do than to go watch the sunrise on his balcony, right? : ) The photo above is the view towards the Hudson.






Had to try a cupcake at Magnolia Bakery.. The shop has become famous since Carrie and Miranda passed by the bakery in a Sex and the City episode. I tried one with vanilla frosting, but it was a bit too sweet in my opinion, Annelies on the other hand liked it a lot : )

Below the way New Yorkers park their car. Had never seen this before but I actually think it's such a smart idea! Especially in the city, where space is limited.




Hope to go back soon! Who knows..  : )


Have a good evening everyone!
Julie